Request a fine or infringement review

Car Parking

Did you get a Brimbank City Council infringement/fine? By law, you can request a review of your fine/infringement.

To ask for a review of your fine you must be:

  • The person issued with the fine; or
  • Someone acting on behalf of the person to whom the fine was issued. 

Submit your request via the form at the bottom of the page

Parking Fines

Parking fines are issued to “the Owner” of the vehicle.

If you’re not the vehicle’s owner you must either be:

  • nominated as the driver - use our Known User Statement; or
  • be given written authority to appeal an infringement on behalf of the owner before your appeal can be considered.


Littering/Waste Fines

Littering fines are issued to ‘the owner’ of the vehicle.

The registered owner of the vehicle will not be responsible for the infringement if they nominate the responsible
party or can confirm that the vehicle is a commercial passenger vehicle.


Check your infringement/fine details

Before you apply for a review of your parking infringement/fine you should check the details. Click the button below, then enter your Infringement Number and your car's rego number.

We provide officer photographs (if any), location, date, and approximate time, of the alleged offence.

Check Your Infringement/Fine

Your circumstances

Do we consider your circumstances?

Yes. Your appeal is considered on its merits. However there are common situations (in isolation) that aren’t valid reasons to have your fine withdrawn

I didn’t see a parking sign/I misread the parking sign

All our parking signs comply with the Australian Standards for Parking Control. It’s your responsibility to make sure you understand and obey the parking rules.

I had to park illegally. All the legal parking spaces were taken

We know it can be hard to find a parking spot, especially around train stations and shopping centres. But it’s your responsibility to make sure your vehicle is parked legally at all times, even if it means parking further away.

I got booked for double parking while I was waiting for a parking bay to become available

It’s illegal to double park even if you’re waiting for a parking bay to become available. Unless a parking space is immediately available you must move along to find parking somewhere else.

I can’t afford to pay my fine

We can help. You can apply for an Infringement Payment Plan (an extension of time to pay). You need to do this before the due date. If you don't pay your fine, we'll send a penalty reminder notice after 28 days. You'll have to pay the initial fine plus costs.

If the matter remains unresolved we may refer it to the Magistrate's Court or Fines Victoria. This can result in additional costs.

I was delayed in a meeting/appointment or could not leave work to move my vehicle in time

We all get delayed from time to time. When your vehicle is in a timed parking area you should allow for possible delays. A meeting or appointment running over time isn’t unforeseeable.

We’ll only consider your appeal if the delay was unforeseeable, such as a medical emergency. You'll need a medical certificate or hospital documentation as proof.

I didn’t receive a reminder notice about my pet registration

Legislation requires that you register your pet(s) by 10 April each year. We'll send you a reminder notice to renew your pet registration each year. However it’s your responsibility to make sure your pet's registered.

Alternative options available to you

Further Information

Last updated: 25 January 2024 - 12:54pm